Even people who agree that plastic bags are terrible might balk at the prospect of charging a nominal fee for a paper bag. Some retailers in particular may worry that a bag charge will hurt sales. Here are four reasons why a bag surcharge is important.
1. PAPER BAGS ARE ALSO HARMFUL TO THE ENVIRONMENT.
2. A BAG FEE IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO CHANGE CONSUMER BEHAVIOR.
3. A BAG FEE HELPS OFFSET RETAIL COSTS
4. BUSINESSES ARE NOT ADVERSELY AFFECTED BY BAG FEES
5. BAG FEES ARE THE TREND, GLOBALLY AND NATIONALLY
WORKING TOGETHER FOR JUST AND SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES
Charging for Paper Bags