WORKING TOGETHER FOR JUST AND SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES
Even people who agree that plastic bags are terrible might balk at the prospect of charging a nominal fee for a paper bag. Some retailers in particular may worry that a bag charge will hurt sales. Here are four reasons why a bag surcharge is important.
1. PAPER BAGS ARE ALSO HARMFUL TO THE ENVIRONMENT.
2. A BAG FEE IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO CHANGE CONSUMER BEHAVIOR.
3. A BAG FEE HELPS OFFSET RETAIL COSTS
4. BUSINESSES ARE NOT ADVERSELY AFFECTED BY BAG FEES
5. BAG FEES ARE THE TREND, GLOBALLY AND NATIONALLY
Charging for Paper Bags